PC gamers looking for a dose of survival horror will be glad to know that Alan Wake will be coming to Steam by the 16th of February 2012. So what benefits do PC gamers get after wating for nearly two years? According to Developer, Remedy (via Gameinformer), lots such as:
Now where did I put that book?
– Experience Alan Wake’s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than ever before
– Refined and fully configurable mouse and keyboard support (supports Xbox360 gamepad too)
– A wide selection of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios
– Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs
– Additional options our fans have sought after, such as field of view adjustment as well as “hide HUD”
– Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode
– Works with NVIDIA NVISION2 Stereoscopic 3D
If that’s not convincing enough, Remedy’s CTO, Markus Mäki steps in to tell you this, “We’ve done our best to do justice to the PC version and do things the way they should be done for PC. The PC version looks absolutely beautiful. We’re bringing the game to life in a whole new way.”
Alan Wake releases for the PC by the 16th of February 2012 on Steam. It’ll set you back by $29.99 (Rs. 1472) and will include all the DLC released for the game till date as well.