Amazon.com has introduced “Kindle for BlackBerry,” a new application available as a free download from Amazon.com that lets customers enjoy over 420,000 books, including 102 of 112 New York Times Bestsellers, on a range of BlackBerry devices.
Amazon's Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes a customer's bookmarks across their Kindle, Kindle DX, iPhone, iPod touch, PC, BlackBerry and soon, Mac and iPad, so customers always have their reading material with them and never lose their place.
“Since the launch of our popular Kindle for iPhone app last year, customers have been asking us to bring a similar experience to the BlackBerry, and we are thrilled to make it available today,” said Ian Freed, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. “Kindle for BlackBerry is a great way for customers to continue reading their current book wherever they are – in between meetings, at the grocery store or waiting in the doctor’s office. We think customers are going to love how easy and fun it is to read their Kindle books on their BlackBerry.”
Customers using BlackBerry devices on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and other U.S. carriers can get easy wireless access to over 420,000 Kindle books, including New York Times Bestsellers and New Releases, most for $9.99 or less, by downloading the application for free.
With the new Kindle for BlackBerry app, customers can:
- Shop the in-app store for an optimized Kindle shopping experience – browse and download samples and full books without leaving the app
- Read the beginning of books for free before they buy
- Access their library of previously purchased Kindle books stored on Amazon’s servers
- Automatically synchronize the last page read between their Kindle-compatible devices
- Create bookmarks and view annotations they created on their Kindle, Kindle DX, or Kindle for iPhone and iPod touch
- Adjust the text size of books
- Read books in full color, including children’s books, cookbooks, travel books, textbooks and graphic novels
Kindle for BlackBerry is available to customers in the U.S. on a range of BlackBerry devices. For a full list of compatible devices and more information, and to download the free app, click here.
Publish date: February 18, 2010 5:06 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 6:05 pm