Amkette has launched its latest offering – the EvoTV 1 GB. The biggest feature of the Android-based set-top box is that it is integrated with the open source media center – XBMC. The EvoTV 1 GB now is one of the first few, globally, to integrate XBMC Media Center for Android.
XBMC is an open source media player and entertainment hub for digital media, which aims to heighten media experiences for EvoTV 1 GB users. Besides the visual display of media files, XBMC also offers access to reviews and ratings of movies and TV shows, skins, a wide array of games (supported with the gaming hardware on the Evo Touch to a large extent), a browser, and add-ons.
Amkette is launching its new EvoTV 1GB with XBMC integration
XBMC is also one of the few platforms created and optimised for the largest screen experience at home. For the best experiences possible, the new EvoTV 1 GB from Amkette features the latest ARM Cortex A9 1 GHz processor with 1 GB RAM and Android 4.0.4 (ICS). Amkette boasts that the interface of the Evo View User is extremely user friendly; but ICS, a true multi-tasking environment, adds more features like the Task Switcher to take the user from one app or View to another without needing to go back to the Home screen. Also, expanded RAM makes Evo Discover (Amkette’s custom developed interface for using and mining content from YouTube and equivalents) work seamlessly, giving users more options when it comes to media.
Highlighting the importance of these updates within a few months of the EvoTV launch, Rajiv K Bapna, Director, Amkette, said, “We live in a world where technology and newer consumer experiences are made everyday. Amkette has always been associated with innovative products, and the EvoTV was one of them. And Amkette was always committed to put energy, capital and R&D behind the EvoTV range, thereby securing tconsumer investments over a longer period in time! The implementation of XBMC on Amkette’s flagship devices is a reflection of Amkette’s commitment to the business of smarter TV or EvoTV consumer experiences; the company is also working on developing more apps and content in 2013 that will put the XBMC to ideal use. Other changes on the box, including the OS and processor updates will keep adding to the overall experience.”
The updated EvoTV 1 GB will be available by December 15, 2012 in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata at a price point of Rs 11,495.
For those who already own the EvoTV, Amkette offers upgrade to EvoTV 1 GB at a nominal cost. The OS update (ICS from Gingerbread), XBMC (Beta Release), tons of other apps and content are being made available at no additional charge. While the EvoTV comes preloaded with lots of apps and mined content, users can download thousands of more apps from the Google Play store, made for Android ICS.
Conceptualised, researched and designed in India (Bangalore and Delhi) for the world, the EvoTV 1 GB supposedly took 6 months in the making. The EvoTV 1 GB includes a palm-sized box, and a multi-purpose intelligent remote.
Here are the key features of the EvoTV range:
- XBMC – only on the EvoTV 1 GB (Beta Release at this time)
- Evo Views – endless customizable views for one click access
- Evo Touch – the most intuitive remote that brings the magic of Internet content on the TV screen
- Evo Discover – dynamic content discovery software that allows you to search and mine video content like never before
- Evo Share – move content across all your devices using DLNA
- Evo HD Theatre – full HD Media player that plays almost all file formats within seconds
- Gaming – all the popular games and more, made more interesting by the motion-sensing Evo Touch
- Social – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with one click access
- Skype and equivalent Video Communication software/ apps
- Accessories – Wi-KeyTouch and FFD (Wireless keyboard with integrated multi-touch keypad/ mouse), Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combos, TruView Cam, Turbo USB Hub, Memory Sticks and Cards
Publish date: December 6, 2012 10:10 am| Modified date: December 19, 2013 5:21 am
Amkette, Amkette Android, Amkette EvoTV 1GB, Amkette EvoTV Android, AMkette EvoTV Android XBMC, Amkette EvoTV launch, Amkette EvoTV XBMC, Evo Touch Remote, EvoTV India, EvoTV launch India, HD Media Players, XBMC Android, XBMC Beta