Samsung has just started the gradual roll-out of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for its international Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000).
Samsung’s first phablet device was launched with Ice Cream Sandwich and still enjoys a wide user base. The update brings it up to speed with the Galaxy Note 2. While your handset might not see the update right away, the company has promised an update for all international models in different phases.
The update breathes a new life into the Galaxy Note and replaces the ageing Samsung TouchWiz UI with the more modern Nature UX Interface, same as the one being used in the Galaxy S3. It also brings a ton of features from the Galaxy Note 2. The update can be downloaded through Samsung KIES or can be received OTA.
The update brings multi-window mode to the Galaxy Note (image credit: SamMobile)
We tried to see if the Galaxy Notes in our office have received the update, but there’s no sign of it yet. However, SamMobile has released a list of changes that the update brings.
Some of the enhancements included in the update are:
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean– Build JZO54K
- Smooth performance and great stability thanks to Project Butter
- Google Now
- Multi-View multitasking mode, which can also be disabled
- Page Buddy
- A brand new notification drawer with expandable alerts
- Customisable toggles
- Continuous input like Swype or Android 4.2 keyboard
- S-Cloud service
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay, Smart Rotation and Pop-up Play
- New Samsung widgets
- Two homescreen modes – Normal and Easy
The original Galaxy Note is still a formidable device in the face of quad-core, full HD competition. It can be considered a game changer in the smartphone space and was the phone that started the “phablet” craze.
Some key specifications of the Galaxy Note are:
- 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED display with a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi
- GPS with A-GPS support and Google Maps
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, USB 2.0 HS
- 8 megapixel camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Memory expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card
The phone is powered by a dual-core Exynos processor clocked at 1.4GHz and a Mali-400MP GPU. It was the first phone to be launched with Samsung’s unique S-Pen stylus.
GALAXY Note, Galaxy Note 4.1.2 update, Galaxy Note Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update, Galaxy Note mulit-window, Galaxy Note N7000, Galaxy Note project butter, Samsung Galaxy Note, Smartphones