Apple officially launched the iOS 5 yesterday and along with the new firmware update for iDevices, the company has released a few new applications, as well. These apps had been showcased at the Apple media event in Cupertino, held at the start of this month. While some of the apps come along with the iOS 5 update, three others can be downloaded separately via iTunes.
Apple launches new apps for iDevices
Apple’s new apps include:
- Cards – This new app allows users to create cards by using texts and pictures from an iDevice. Apart from this, one can mail the card to any address in the world.
- Find My Friends – It is an app that lets you locate your friends or family using your Apple device.
- iTunes Movie Trailers – This app allows one to view the latest movie trailers in HD on their iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad.
- AirPort Utility – One can manage their Wi-Fi network and AirPort base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and Time Capsule, right from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
- Reminders – Helps one to organize their agenda like a to-do list.
- Newsstand – All subscribed magazines can be viewed through this new widget on the home screen.
Cards, Find My Friends, iTunes Movie Trailers and AirPort Utility can be downloaded for free from iTunes, while Reminders and Newsstand comes bundled in the iOS update. One will require to have iOS 5 updated to download most of these new apps.
Apple, Apple iOS5, Apple iOS5 features, iOS, iOS 5, iOS 5 apps, iOS 5 available, iOS 5 Cards, iOS 5 error, iOS 5 error 3200, iOS 5 launched, iOS 5 Newsstand, iOS 5 released, iOS 5 Reminders, iOS Airport Utility, iOS Find My Friends, iOS iTunes Movie Trailers, iOS5 features, iPad, iPad 2, iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch