Apple has officially rolled out their latest firmware update for their iDevices – iOS 5. The update appeared at roughly 11 PM IST and the users who immediately started updating their devices, faced no downloading issues. However, many users are going on social networking sites and tweeting that they are unable to download the latest OS and during the update procedure being faced with a 3200 Error.
iOS 5 available across the world
Apple claims that iOS 5 has over 200 new features and the main highlighted features are:
- Notifications – One can drag the bar at the top of the screen and view widgets for missed calls, weather, stock market, unread messages, etc.
- Newsstand – All subscribed magazines can be viewed through this new widget on the home screen. This looks similar to Apple’s iBooks.
- Safari – The mobile version of the web browser now features Safari Reader which displays web articles that helps in reading articles without any clutter, thereby removing ads.
- iMessage – Users across all Apple devices can communicate via text messages without the hassle of carrier charges. In this, one can send unlimited amounts of messages without any costs via 3G, Edge or Wifi. Apart from texts, users can also send pictures, videos, locations and contacts.
- Reminders – A new widget that appears on the home screen which helps users to organize their agenda like a to-do list.
- Twitter – The social networking site is deeply integrated in this OS as one can tweet directly from Safari, camera, YouTube or Maps.
- Camera – There is a camera shortcut now available on the lockscreen and this helps users in clicking photos quickly
Apart from these features there are many more and to view all the features of iOS 5, click the link here. To download iOS 5 one has to connect their Apple device to iTunes on their Mac or Windows PC and the update should happen automatically. If not, one can click the check for update in the menu of their iDevice.
Due to the large number of people trying to receive the iOS 5 update, many were encountering an error half way through their download. People were trying up to 11 attempts to get the update to no avail. This is most likely due to the major load on the Apple servers. One should keep in mind that this is an issue faced by millions of people around the world and we advise one not to worry and have patience while downloading the update.
Publish date: October 13, 2011 11:04 am| Modified date: December 18, 2013 8:42 pm
Apple, Apple iOS5, Apple iOS5 features, iOS, iOS 5, iOS 5 available, iOS 5 error, iOS 5 error 3200, iOS 5 launched, iOS 5 released, iOS5 features, iPad, iPad 2, iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch