Those looking for extreme high-end audio quality turn to DACs and audio amplifiers, even when it comes to headphones. ASUS has now launched a new Xonar product – the Essence One, which is a USB capable DAC (digital-to-analog convertor) that supports sample rates upto 192kHz. Using up scaling, ASUS claims that this can go right up to 384 kHz. The Xonar Essence One is said to to able to drive headphones with impedance going to up as high as 600 Ohms. The op-amps being used on the Xonar Essence One can also be interchanged, which should help in changing the characteristics of the headphones connected to it.
Strictly for audiophile usage
The Xonar Essence One can also be connected to its source without the need of a PC. It has a USB input, coaxial/Toslink inputs and outputs in the form of XLR, dual RCA and 6.3mm connects. A 6.3mm to 3.5mm convertor is also bundled with the DAC. ASUS has priced the Essence One at Rs. 21,000 and the product is being sold locally with a warranty of one year.
- Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted): 120dB
- Output Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 1kHz@-3dB (A-Weighted) : -110dB
- Frequency Response: <10Hz to 48kHz
- Analog Sample Rate: 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/176.4K/192KHz @ 16/24bit
- Output ports: Balanced Output (XLR), Unbalanced Output (Dual RCA), 6.3mm Jack headphone output Metal with plated gold, black housing
- Input ports: USB jack, Coaxial / Toslink jack, Metal with plated gold, black housing