Avid announced new versions of its flagship video editing systems – Media Composer v6, NewsCutter v10 and Symphony v6. Media Composer v6, Symphony v6 and NewsCutter v10 have been re-built from the core on an entirely new, open 64-bit architecture that raises the bar for performance, flexibility and productivity. Prices for Media Composer v6 start at US $2,599 (Rs.1,35,000), while the upgrade price starts at $309 (Rs.16,000). NewsCutter 10 is priced at $2,599 (Rs.1,35,000) and the upgrade price is $519 (Rs.27,000). Finally, the Symphony v6 starts at $6,199 (Rs.3,20,000), while the upgrade price starts at $519 (Rs.27,000).
Media Composer v6
The new interface has been designed to speed workflows, while simultaneously preserving the same functionality that so many professionals have built their careers on. In addition, these systems include support for third-party hardware, AVCHD and RED Epic support with Avid Media Access (AMA), an Avid DNxHD 444 codec, and support for Avid Artist Colour. Together with existing Avid innovations such as AMA, for direct access to file-based media; Avid PhraseFind, powered by Nexidia, and Avid ScriptSync, for phonetic searching and editing; and real-time Mix and Match, allowing multiple formats in the same timeline.
Some of the highlights of the new versions include:
- Additional New Editorial Capabilities to Increase Workflow Speed and Productivity
- Gain greater power and flexibility in high performance color correction with support for the Avid Artist Color control surface within Avid editing systems.
- Speed time to editing by eliminating timely transcode, re-wrap, and log and transfer processes through expanded AMA, which now offers native support for AVCHD and RED Epic as well as the ability to encode Apple ProRes (Mac OS-based systems only).
- Ease and expedite workflows and toolset expansion with the new Avid Marketplace, which offers in-system access to stock footage from Thought Equity Motion. The Avid
- Marketplace also enables customers to browse available video and audio plug-ins along with other products in the Avid Store to complete a suite.
- Get questions answered quickly with a new Customer Assist Tool, offering direct, in-app access to guides, help, and configuration information.
- Gain up to 2.5 times faster encoding with Sorenson Squeeze v8, included with Media
- Composer, NewsCutter, and Symphony software.
Publish date: November 21, 2011 11:00 am| Modified date: December 18, 2013 8:59 pm
Avid, Avid Media Composer 6, avid Media Composer 6 Download, avid Media Composer 6 Interface, avid Media Composer 6 Price in India, avid Media Composer 6 Release Date, avid Media Composer 6 Upgrade Price, avid Media Composer 64bit, Avid NewsCutter 10, editing software, software, Symphony 6