Popular digital distribution platform for games, Steam is currently having a weekend sale. The games on sale are Orcs Must Die! and Borderlands. Both games are available at a 75 percent discount, bringing the price of Orcs Must Die! down to $2.49 from $9.99, and that of Borderlands to $7.49 from $29.99. Also during the weekend event, the pre-order for Borderlands 2 is available at a 10 percent discount if you already own the original Borderlands on Steam.
Borderlands is a first person shooter game with four player co-operative play. It has cell-shaded graphics, giving the game a comic book-like feel. The game is very loot driven, much like games such as the Diablo series and Torchlight. The PC version of Borderlands was originally plagued with many bugs. But over the years, most bugs, if not all, have been fixed. Borderlands has a massive arsenal. The game boasts of over a million guns, one of the highest number of weapons in any game.
All the downloadable content (DLC) packs for Borderlands are also on sale during the weekend, with all four DLC packs costing a total of $7.49 instead of the usual price of $29.99.
Here are some of the features of the game according to Gearbox:
- Role Playing Shooter (RPS) – combines frantic first-person shooting action with accessible role-playing character progression
- Co-Op Frenzy – Fly solo in single player or drop in and out with up to 4 Player Co-Op online and offline for a maniacal multiplayer experience
- Bazillions of Guns – Gun lust fulfilled with rocket-launching shotguns, enemy-torching revolvers, SMGs that fire lightning rounds, and tons more
- Radical Art Style – New visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to create a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person genre
- Intense Vehicular Combat – Get behind the wheel and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat
The first person shooter and the action strategy game are on sale on Steam
The other game on sale during the weekend is the Indie title Orcs Must Die!. As a powerful War Mage with dozens of deadly weapons, spells, and traps at your fingertips, players have to defend twenty-four fortresses from a rampaging mob of beastly enemies, including ogres, hellbats, and of course, a whole bunch of ugly orcs. It requires you to battle your enemies through a story-based campaign across multiple difficulty levels, including brutal Nightmare mode.
Here are some of the features of Orcs Must Die! according to Robot Entertainment:
- 24 Fortresses to Defend – Twisting passages, tall towers, and wide-open chambers all need a war mage to protect them
- 6 Orc-Killing Weapons and Spells – From crossbow and bladestaff to the magical power of the elements
- 19 Deadly Traps and Fierce Minions – Choose from a wide variety of traps including arrow walls, spike traps, spinning blades, and flaming brimstone or call in allies to assist you in the destruction of the orc horde
- 11 Unique Enemies – Including ogres, flying hellbats, and of course, a whole bunch of ugly orcs
- Story-based Campaign – Fend off orcs across three acts to discover the mysterious power behind their relentless assaults
- Persistent Upgrades – Unlock improved traps as you progress through the campaign
- Extensive Replayability – “Nightmare Mode” and a skull ranking system provide extended play
- Scoring System and Leaderboard – Compete with your friends for the title of Best Orc Killer!