Chevrolet and mobile applications developer OnStar unveiled a smartphone application that will allow Chevrolet Volt owners 24/7 connection and control of vehicle functions and OnStar features remotely. OnStar's Mobile Application allows drivers to communicate with their Volt from Droid by Motorola, Apple iPhone and Blackberry Storm smartphones. It uses a real-time data connection to perform tasks from setting the charge time to unlocking the doors.
The application also
- displays charge status – plugged in or not, and voltage (120V or 240V)
- provides flexibility to “Charge Now” or schedule charge timing
- displays percentage of battery charge level, electric and total ranges
- allows owner to manually set grid-friendly charge mode for off-peak times when electricity rates are lowest
- sends text or email notifications for charge reminders, interruptions and full charge
- displays miles per gallon, electric only miles, and odometer readings
- shows miles per gallon, EV miles and miles driven for last trip and lifetime
- remotely start the vehicle to pre-condition the interior temperature
OnStar's real-time data connection also helps drivers maximize the environmental benefits of owning a Volt, even when not in the vehicle. The application's Charge Status feature simplifies setting the charge time. Rather than using battery power, the application allows owners to start the Volt remotely to pre-condition the interior temperature using power from the grid. This preserves the battery charge for driving without gasoline.
Publish date: January 6, 2010 5:40 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 5:58 pm