Cisco today announced the launch of its latest Linksys E-Series Routers. These are a new range of wireless routers designed to easily connect all wireless devices in the home offering the range and speed that addresses the productivity and entertainment needs of today’s consumer
The E-Series routers come in three models,each to suit the specific requirements of user.The specs for each model are as follows
Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router (MRP: Rs. 5,999)
- Ideal for general wireless Internet usage and home office productivity
- Wirelessly connects computers and other devices
- Uses four Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) ports to directly connect wired devices
Linksys E2000 Advanced Wireless-N Router (MRP: Rs. 7,999)
- Ideal for connecting computers, gaming consoles, Internet-enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray players
- Features selectable dual-band (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) technology to help avoid interference, allowing for smoother file transfers and media streaming
- Includes four Gigabit ports for faster file sharing with other Gigabit-enabled devices, including computers, hard drives and servers
Linksys E3000 High-Performance Wireless-N Router (Dual-Band) (MRP: Rs. 10,999):
- Optimised for streaming video and other entertainment, ideal for connecting computers, gaming consoles, Internet-enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray players.
- Features simultaneous dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) technology, high-performance Wireless-N technology for smoother HD video streaming, wireless gaming and file transfers
- Includes four Gigabit ports for faster file sharing and provides connectivity to storage devices for file sharing at home or over the Internet
- Built-in media server enables streaming of entertainment content to an Xbox 360, PS3 or other compatible device from USB connected storage devices
The E-Series, including a USB Wireless-N Adapter (which is already in stores), will be available in India around mid-November 2010.