Dell has added new laptops to its family of Latitude E- series laptops. The new entries include the Latitude E6410, E6510 and E6410 ATG laptops. Based on direct feedback from customers, Dell has enhanced the Latitude family with new Intel Core i5 and Corei7 processors, fast DDR3 memory, HD displays and other new standards-based features.
New additions to the Dell Latitude family support a range of usage needs:
- Mainstream – The Dell Latitude E6410 and E6510 are 14.1-inch and 15.6-inch professional laptops, available now, that start at $1,129 and $1,164 USD, respectively. The systems, which include a 3-megapixel camera and optional discrete graphics from NVIDIA are designed for mobile collaboration and advanced productivity.
- Semi-Rugged – The Latitude E6410 ATG is a 14.1-inch semi-rugged laptop, built and tested to meet the MIL STD 810F for shock, vibration, temperature, humidity and altitude.
Enhanced features and capabilities of the new Latitude laptops include the following:
- A new Fast Response Free Fall Sensor that can help prevent data loss from drops;
- Optional Dell Latitude ON technology that allows access to e-mail, calendar and contacts without booting up;
- Energy Smart power management setting to reduce energy consumption, which results in longer battery life;
- Select configurations offer Energy Star and EPEAT certifications;
- Select configurations of the Dell Latitude E6410 are optimized for Microsoft Office Communicator for increased mobile collaboration.
The Dell Latitude E6410, E6510, E6510 ATG laptops offer flexible and secure authentication and data protection. Dell ControlVault, standard on these systems, offers hardened storage and processing of authentication credentials away from the system’s hard drive and memory and processors – the primary target of most malware.
Additionally, ControlVault offers the following:
– Secure fingerprint authentication implementations with full on-chip;
– Built-in contactless card reader for convenient authentication and log-in;
– Embedded one-time-password token capability; and,
– Enabled single sign on – enter credentials once and user is verified all the way through the operating system.
Dell offers a comprehensive set of imaging and asset management solutions that help customers efficiently image, deploy, manage and recover assets to extend productivity and savings.
Dell has developed tools to help customers image, deploy and manage laptops and desktops using Microsoft System Center, including:, Dell Client Deployment Pack for System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to help simplify deployment and Dell Client Update Catalog for SCCM to help simplify system updates.
Dell has also developed several utilities available at no cost that help customers automate deployment and management tasks.