At their E3 press conference today Nintendo officially unveiled the 3DS to the world. As of now the 3DS is probably the only console in the world that’ll allow you to experience 3D without 3D glasses. Obviously this couldn’t be proven on-screen but we’ll take their word for it.
And here are some important facts we’ve rounded up for you from the conference.
- A 3D slider will be built into the 3DS that’ll allow you to control the 3D effects on-screen and if you wish to, you can turn them off completely.
- The handheld console comes with a 3.5 inch widescreen and a smaller touch screen at the bottom.
- It’ll have both a gyro sensor and a motion sensor.
- It will have an analogue stick (praise the Lord)
- It has two cameras on the outside so you can take pictures and view them in 3D
- Nintendo 3DS will allow you to watch Hollywood movies in 3D
Nintendo has also partnered up with an impressive bunch of developers like Hideo Kojima, THQ, EA, Ubisoft, Warner and many more who are working on 3DS exclusive games as we speak.
Unfortunately we still don’t know how much the console will cost or when it’ll be available in the market. We’ll keep you posted as and when we come across anything.
Publish date: June 15, 2010 11:25 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 6:24 pm