Epson has announced the launch of its first-ever portable A4 scanner, the Epson WorkForce DS-30. Ideal for mobile workers who require document scanning on-the-go as well as service staff that need to conserve desk space or maintain a neat counter appearance, the Epson WorkForce DS-30 scanner weighs only 325 grams, comes in a sleek form factor that can easily fit into most briefcases, and needs only a single USB connection to a notebook or PC to operate.
Priced at Rs. 10,999
The Epson DS-30 is able to scan a variety of items typically used by mobile workers ranging from business cards to A4 and letter sized (8.5 x 11 inch) documents. Being a portable scanner, it is designed with an LED light source that has a low power consumption of up to only 500mA to conserve the battery power of its users’ notebooks. Although it is a portable scanner with a compact form factor, the Epson DS-30 is packed with the capabilities and software that comes with full-sized Epson scanners to provide a comprehensive document management solution anywhere and at any time. These include: Automatic document size detection and skew correction, text enhancement and colour dropout. The scanner also comes with powerful third-party scanning software that includes Presto! BizCard 5 business card scanner, and ABBYY FineReader Sprint 9 optical character recognition (OCR) software (Microsoft Windows version).
Here are a few of the key features for the Epson WorkForce DS-30 scanner
- Epson ReadyScan Technology – Equipped with ReadyScan LED Technology, the scanners’ LED lamp requires no warm up time and is able to perform immediately with minimum energy consumption, making them extremely environmentally friendly and energy efficient.
- Auto Area Segmentation – the Auto Area Segmentation feature of the scanner automatically detects text and picture areas on a page and scans text in black-and-white, and pictures in halftone to achieve the best results.
- Colour Enhance – Colour Enhance is a smart function to clearly capture specific colours on office documents that would otherwise be non-visible using normal black-and-white scanners. Examples of this useful feature include enhancing signatures on cheques and documents using blue ink, or “Confidential” and “Urgent” stamps that use red ink.
- Punch Hole Removal – When activated, this feature automatically detects and removes punch hole marks.
- Colour Dropout – Conversely, Colour Dropout removes a single colour (red, green or blue) from documents; such as coloured backgrounds, stamps or text black-and-white scanning.
- Correct Document Skew – When selected in the options, this feature automatically straightens slanted or misaligned documents in the feeder.
- Document Capture Pro Software – The Epson WorkForce DS-30 comes with a user friendly software called “Document Capture Pro” that guides users through steps needed to scan, view, edit and transfer scanned documents from one point to another. The software also helps users to transfer scanned documents to various destinations that include email, a Microsoft Windows network folder, FTP to online storage or web folder, or to cloud services such as Microsoft SharePoint server, Evernote or Google Docs.
This scanner is priced at Rs. 10,999 and is available in stores across the country.
Epson, Epson portable scanner, Epson portable scanner India, Epson WorkForce DS-30, Epson WorkForce DS-30 announced, Epson WorkForce DS-30 features, Epson WorkForce DS-30 launched, Epson WorkForce DS-30 price, Epson WorkForce DS-30 price in India, Epson WorkForce DS-30 released, Epson WorkForce DS-30 specs, latest Epson portable scanner, Pocket scanners, WorkForce DS-30 announced, WorkForce DS-30 features, WorkForce DS-30 price, WorkForce DS-30 price in India