ESET has launched a new mobile security app for the Android platform to protect one's Android smartphone and tablet from emerging threats. This app aims to give you a safe mobile experience without worrying about emerging threats or privacy breaches. Users can stay secure, while they do their Internet banking, connect to public Wi-Fi, exchange emails or go shopping online. All sensitive data is kept safe against abuse and users are protected against malware hidden in applications. The Anti-Theft helps you locate or block access to your device in case it is lost or stolen.
Here are a few of the Antitheft features of the app:
- Simple SMS commands to help you maintain control over your lost or stolen device
- Remote Lock: lock phone remotely by SMS to prevent unauthorized access to data
- Remote Wipe: delete contacts, messages and memory cards
- GPS Localization: locate lost or stolen phone by a remote SMS command
One ring app to protect them all
Other features to simplify your mobile life include:
- Anti-Malware Protection: scans all downloaded and accessed applications and files for malware
- SMS/MMS Antispam: Block SMS/MMS messages from unknown numbers
- Call Blocking: block unwanted incoming and outgoing calls
- Security Audit with Built-in Task Manager: monitor vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth and device visibility
- Program interface localized in 25 languages: English, Polish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Japanese, Russian, Hungarian, Spanish, German, Portuguese Brazilian, Dutch, French, Romanian, Turkish, Swedish, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Italian, French Canadian, Korean, Spanish Latin, Czech, Hebrew and Slovak
- Some features are not available for tablets which do not support calling and messaging
This is a 30-day trial version of the product. One year license of the product can be bought with the product for $9.99 (534 approx.). This version also converts Beta and RC users to final version of the product. Users will be downloading a 30-day trial version, which can be upgraded to full version through an In-App purchase. The app now also supports Android 3.0 and 4.0 and gives a longer battery life through faster scanning and optimized performance. The application can be downloaded from here.
Publish date: May 5, 2012 1:58 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 10:12 pm