EA Sports have announced that FIFA 12 will indeed be releasing on the Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming console, confirming the rumours that were going around a while ago. The 3DS version, which EA Sports promises will be the best football game on the 3DS, will be going up against Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D, which was released as a 3DS launch title in March.
Rooney in 3D
Take a look at the key features of the 3DS version:
- Unmatched Authenticity: Compete with over 500 officially licensed clubs in 11 versus 11 matches in authentic stadiums from around the world.
- Touch Screen Control: Optional new touch screen controls change the gameplay experience. Pick a spot precisely from the player’s viewpoint using the lower touch screen and then direct a shot past the keeper.
- Precision Accuracy: Utilize touch screen controls on set pieces to draw a shot that curves the ball around, or even power it over the wall for the match-winning goal that lifts your club to victory.
- 3D Street Football: The stage is set for epic 5 versus 5 street matches in the hottest locales around the world, everywhere from Brazil to the streets of France. Experience full 3D affects playing on a curved pitch utilizing a unique lower camera view that maximizes 3D planes, depth of the field and player movement.
- Be A Pro: Create yourself in game and become the next football legend. Begin the journey on the streets, build your reputation, and develop your skills to ultimately compete for your favourite club and national side.
- Career Mode: Play or manage your way to glory. Make strategic decisions as the manager of your club. Set a goal and succeed and your team will enjoy performance enhancements; fail and watch your team’s decline.
- Tournament Mode: Compete in over 50 real-world tournaments from around the world. Play with/against friends in leagues ranging from the Barclays Premiership, to the Bundesliga & MLS, and cup competitions like the FA Cup & the Coppa Nazionale.
- Head-to-Head Online: Play head-to-head online against a friend in authentic 11 versus 11 matches or 5 versus 5 street games.
- Training Mode: Master Touch Screen controls, perfect set pieces and practice moves before playing games.
- Multiple Camera Angles: Eight different camera angles to choose from for the perfect view of the pitch.
FIFA 12 3DS will be releasing by Fall 2011.
Publish date: May 10, 2011 9:32 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 7:47 pm