Fujifilm recently announced the X-S1 Bridge compact camera that boasts of some pretty impressive specifications such as a 26x optical zoom, a 12MP EXR CMOS sensor, a tiltable three-inch display, amongst others. Fujifilm claims that the X-S1 represents a new breed of bridge cameras and the body has a high-quality look and feel with metal dials, a rubberized coating and superior handling characteristics that will appeal to the discerning photo enthusiast. The brand goes on to state that the X-S1 caters perfectly for every photographic need and features a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture at the wide-angle setting.
Quite expensive for a bridge camera
Highlighted specifications of the Fujifilm X-S1:
- Fujinon 26x optical zoom covering 24-624mm
- 12 megapixel EXR CMOS sensor
- Up to 10 frames-per-second shooting
- Large EVF with 1.44 million pixels and 26 degree viewing angle
- Tiltable three-inch rear Display
- Full HD video recording
- Raw file format
- Macro focusing down to 1cm
- Lithium battery providing up to 500 shots per charge
- Optical image stabilisation
- 360 degree Motion Panorama mode
According to a report by The Verge, the X-S1 will be available in Japan on the 7th of December, this year and will be sold for approximately Rs.52,380 (USD 1,000). There is no word on the availability or the pricing of this bridge camera in India, as of now. For more information on the X-S1, click here.
DSLRs, Fujifilm X-S1, Fujifilm X-S1 announced, Fujifilm X-S1 features, Fujifilm X-S1 launch date, Fujifilm X-S1 price, Fujifilm X-S1 Price in India, Fujifilm X-S1 release date, Fujifilm X-S1 specifications, Fujifilm X-S1 specs