After much waiting, it seems that the Galaxy S with it's Super LCD display is now here on an official basis. We’ve seen it in the gray market stores and these store owners were even able to dish it out at the price it was expected at i.e. Rs. 19,990. Although Samsung hasn’t yet issued a formal Press Release for the device, Samsung India’s website has it plastered all over the place.
Launched on the QT
It’s not very dissimilar from the previous model, but to recap, here’s what it has to offer –
- 4-inch S-LCD (Super Clear LCD) with a 480 x 800 pixel resolution
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi with DLNA support
- GPS with A-GPS support
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, USB 2.0
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera featuring face and smile detection, auto stitch panorama, Geotagging, HD video recording
- FM radio
- 4GB of internal storage and micro SD card support up to 32GB
Samsung has thrown in Swype as an input option and their TouchWiz UI (version 4.0) running on top of an Android Froyo edition. The Galaxy S LCD is equipped with a 1 Ghz processor so speed should not be an issue. Video playback support includes files in DivX and XviD formats and the camera will also feature 720p video recording capabilities.
We’re still waiting for an official announcement but, rest assured, it’s here nevertheless.