You, me, your mom, hell even your cleaning lady knew Gears of War 3 was coming but I bet none of them knew what to expect. Well thanks to some Edge magazine’s “industry connect” we now have a vague idea of what may go down in Marcus Fenix’s latest adventure. This not being official and all, kindly take it with a pinch of salt.
For starters we hear enemies will now have tentacles with which they can attack you at longer distances. This also means you are no longer 100% safe behind cover.
Speaking of cover, Gears 3 will apparently re-invent the much loved cover system. While we don’t have details on that yet we do know that Delta Squad will now have access to Mech suits with which you can shred the locust down with reckless abandon. Of course the locusts are no push-overs so expect tons of badass boss fights to give you a run for your money. And since Gears of War 3 and Lost Planet 2 have some cross over promotions going on we may see some Akrid in Gears 3 as well.
And finally we hear that some new levels are in the pipelines like an underwater level and a jungle based level (inspired by Lost Planet 2 maybe?). This couldn’t make me happier because I really think the series needs a quick departure from the grays and browns.
Since all the above information isn’t “official” we thought we’d make our own wishlist on the subject. Feel free to share your wishlist with us in the comments section below.
- Improve Matchmaking.
- Improve Horde Mode.
- Expand versus multiplayer to include more players.
- Less Dom because he’s a whiny little bitch.
- More Cole Train because he’s fkin awesome.
- Better Boss fights (yeah God of War 3 has spoilt us senseless).
- More than two player co-op for the single player campaign; we’re talking four players at least.
- More chainsaw kill animations and more executions.
- Change up the visual style a bit. Less brown more pretty.
- Customizable armor and weapons.
Expect an official unveiling by Cliffy B on the 12th of April 2010.