Google has updated Google Search for previous versions of their Android operating system: they've made it faster and have added a few tweaks as well. According to the Google mobile blog, this version will have:
- Faster, smoother performance, with an updated and simplified user interface.
- Suggestions for your search grouped by type, with web suggestions at the top.
- Country-specific suggestions and search results for all countries with Google domains.
- Long press to remove history items.
New features added to your search
If you have Android 2.2, 2.3 or 3.x, you can download the app from the Android Market.
Here are a few additional tips for Google’s new search app:
- Tap the arrow to the right of a search suggestion or history item to add it to your search term before searching.
- Get suggestions from other apps on your phone – check out searchable items in Search settings.
- Long press on home screen to add the Google Search widget, if you don’t have it already; to access search faster.
Publish date: January 12, 2012 3:19 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 9:21 pm