At the Qualcomm signature event held in Mumbai, HTC officially launched the EVO 3D smartphone in India. This handset is based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S3 processor and allows consumers to take multimedia experience to a new level by providing the ability to not only capture and view, but also share data at fast speeds using glasses-free 3D technology.
The HTC EVO 3D with dual 5MP cameras
The HTC EVO 3D runs on Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread and is powered by a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. The handset features a QHD 3D 4.3-inch LCD display and also sports dual 5MP cameras at the rear. These cameras can be used to capture both conventional as well as 3D images and videos for user generated content, social networking as well as streaming of videos.
Speaking at the unveiling of the HTC EVO 3D, Mr. Faisal Sidiqque, the Country Head of HTC in India said, “We are proud to collaborate with Qualcomm to present another technological breakthrough device from HTC, the EVO 3D-the first smartphone available in the Indian market offering a superior 3D viewing experience without glasses. We are confident that the HTC EVO 3D will set a benchmark for 3D viewing and our consumers will make best use of this offering.”
HTC claims that consumers can benefit from the EVO 3D’s dynamic ability to capture and playback videos in the following ways:
- Real estate agents can create and share 3D virtual tours of homes that let out-of-town buyers “walk through” the house and experience the listings before they can see them live.
- 3D mapping of terrain will help build new and exciting features for navigation and hikers will be able to get aerial views of the topography of rivers and mountains while in the backcountry
- Families can “relive” the excitement of their vacation and feel like they are there again.
Here's a quick look at some of the other features the HTC EVO 3D has to offer:
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 3G Mobile Hotspot capability that supports up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 1.2 GHz dual core processor
- Corporate e-mail (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync), personal (POP and IMAP) e-mail and instant messaging
- 4GB Internal memory/ 1GB RAM
- MicroSD slot (supports up to 32GB memory card)
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Integrated GPS
- 1730 mAh Lithium-ion battery
The HTC EVO 3D sells at a market operating price of Rs. 35,990 and is available at all authorized HTC resellers.
Publish date: August 31, 2011 10:35 am| Modified date: December 18, 2013 8:25 pm
1.2GHZ dula-core processor, 1.3 MP front camera, 2.3, 32GB, 3D, 3D images, 3D video content, 3G mobile hotspot, 4.3-inch LCD display, 4.3-inch QHD 3D LCD display, 4GB, 5 MP, Android, Android 2.3, Bluetooth, dual 5MP cameras, Evo 3D, EVO3D, Gingerbread, HTC, HTC EVO 3D, HTCEVO3D, LCD display, processor, Qualcomm Snapdrogon, Smartphones, Touchscreen, VideoCalling, Wi-fi, WiFi