Well this came out of nowhere. HTC have announced the release of the Desire S, which was officially launched at MWC 2011, in India. This marks the second of HTC’s MWC-launch smartphones that have made it to our shores, following hot on the heels of the Incredible S.
All your dreams and your DesireS
Check out the specs of the Desire S:
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 CPU
- 768MB RAM
- 3.7-inch S-LCD capacitive touchscreen at 848×480, encased in Gorilla Glass
- Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread with HTC Sense UI on top
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP + EDR, HSDPA 14.4Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
- 5 megapixel camera with Autofocus and LED flash, 720p video recording at 30fps
- Secondary VGA camera
- 1.1GB internal memory, expandable to 32GB via microSD
- microUSB 2.0
The Desire S is priced at an MOP of Rs. 25,490, which is a pretty decent price. This is turning out to be quite the month, what with LG launching their smartphones, Sony Ericsson launching the Xperia Arc and the Xperia Play today, and Samsung expected to launch quite a few products soon.