It's been a long time coming and HTC has finally launched their flagship model, the Sensation, into the India markets. HTC claims that the new phone is more focussed towards entertainment. Along with their HTC Sense interface and HTC Sense.com, there’s now another addition to the Sense family i.e. HTC Watch, which is their very own video service. We were talking about the Sensation being available on some online stores a few days ago and it's good to see that it's finally here. We can't wait to get our hands on it.
The cream of the crop handset from HTC
The Sensation packs a punch with its dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that’s clocked at a whopping 1.2 GHz.Other features include –
- 4.3-inch S-LCD Touchscreen with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels and 16 million colors (a tad lower than Apple's iPhone 4)
- 3G, Wi-Fi with DLNA, Wi-Fi Hotspot,
- Google Android OS
- GPS with A-GPS
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP and USB 2.0 (with MHL support for HD video on HDTVs)
- 8 megapixel camera with autofocus and dual LED flash, Secondary VGA camera
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- TV Out
- Stereo FM with RDS
- Memory expandable up to 32 GB with 8 GB bundled
The 8 MP camera supports full HD and 30 fps video recording with stereo sound. HTC bundles a 1520 mAh battery with the handset, which should offer roughly 8 hours of talk time according to HTC's specifications.
The Sensation only started selling in international markets little more than a month back and it's finally available locally. The HTC Sensation can be yours for Rs. 32,700. This could mean big trouble for Samsung's Galaxy S II that's priced in the same bracket and offers similar features.