HTC’s brand presence in India is big and their Android offerings have been making waves and doing fairly well in the last couple of years. Their latest announcement of the arrival of yet another Android powered handset, the HTC Sensation is all set to wow their fans.
HTC has made no official announcement about the Sensation making it to the Indian shelves, but some sources are talking about it making it here as early as next month. It’s all speculation, of course but considering just how popular the brand is in India and taking into account the fact that we’ve seen almost all their flagship devices launched here, it’s quite likely this one will make it too.
Will we see it in May? Let's hope so
Here’s a quick look at the Sensation’s specs –
- 4.3-inch S-LCD (gorilla glass encased) Touchscreen with a 960 x 540 pixel resolution and 16 million colors
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi with DLNA and Wi-Fi Hotspot,
- GPS with A-GPS support
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, USB 2.0 with MHL (Mobile Hi-def link)
- 8 megapixel camera with autofocus and dual LED flash, touch focus, face/smile diction and full hd (1080p @30fps) video recording
- Secondary VGA camera for video calling
- Stereo FM with RDS
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 1GB of internal storage plus 32 GB via microSD card supported
The Sensation will feature HTC’s new and updated Sense UI version 3.0 and run on Google’s Gingerbread Android platform. Under the hood, the device will come equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and Adreno 220 GPU on a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. Although, there’s no HDMI out the USB port (MHL) will support full HD video output and the handset itself is equipped to handle DivX and XviD codec support.
The expectation for the Sensation to reach our shores is May or June and as for the price, I wouldn’t be surprised if it, like all others in its class, fell in the Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 32,000 price bracket.