HTC is steadily releasing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates and the latest to receive this is the EVO 3D. The update is first being pushed in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa), so it’s only a matter of time before it makes its way here. This was HTC’s flagship phone last year and now it’s retailing at a much more affordable Rs. 25,000 on online stores. The size of the update is about 300 MB and with this, you get the newer Sense UI 3.6 (not 4.0) as well as other tweaks and changes that Ice Cream Sandwich brings to the table.
Stereoscopic 3D images and 720p video in 3D
The HTC EVO 3D is powered by a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. The handset features a QHD 3D 4.3-inch LCD display and also sports dual 5MP cameras at the rear. These cameras can be used to capture both conventional as well as 3D images and videos for user generated content, social networking as well as streaming of videos. The company has also chalked out some scenarios where the EVO 3D could be put to good use:
- Real estate agents can create and share 3D virtual tours of homes that let out-of-town buyers “walk through” the house and experience the listings before they can see them live.
- 3D mapping of terrain will help build new and exciting features for navigation and hikers will be able to get aerial views of the topography of rivers and mountains while in the backcountry
- Families can “relive” the excitement of their vacation and feel like they are there again.
Here's a quick look at some of the other features the HTC EVO 3D has to offer:
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 3G Mobile Hotspot capability that supports up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 1.2 GHz dual core processor
- Corporate e-mail (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync), personal (POP and IMAP) e-mail and instant messaging
- 4GB Internal memory/ 1GB RAM
- MicroSD slot (supports up to 32GB memory card)
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Integrated GPS
- 1730 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Publish date: June 27, 2012 4:30 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 10:37 pm
1.2GHZ dula-core processor, 1.3 MP front camera, 2.3, 32GB, 3D, 3D images, 3D video content, 3G mobile hotspot, 4.3-inch LCD display, 4.3-inch QHD 3D LCD display, 4GB, 5 MP, Android, Android 2.3, Bluetooth, dual 5MP cameras, Evo 3D, EVO3D, Gingerbread, HTC EVO 3D, htc evo 3d Android 4.0 update, htc evo 3d ics update, HTCEVO3D, LCD display, processor, Qualcomm Snapdrogon, Smartphones, Touchscreen, VideoCalling, Wi-fi, WiFi