HTC have released the Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Wildfire. Users should’ve received a notification already, as the update is available over-the-air and can be downloaded via EDGE, Wi-Fi or 3G.
If, after the update, your software build number shows up as 2.2xxxxx, your update was successful and you’re now on Froyo. Congratulations! Here is a list of changes:
- Support for USB tethering
- Possibility of installing applications to SD card (if supported by the application)
- Native support for Activesync Exchange (email, contacts and calendar sync) and security policies
- Enhanced Camera application
- Enhanced Bluetooth support
- Speed and stability improvements
- Multiple keyboard languages
- WiFi Hotspot tethering
So get downloading and do let us know your impressions of Froyo on the Wildfire.