One of the biggest phones that will be launching this year is the HTC Windows Phone 8X. The release date of the phone, according to the listing for the SIM-free version of the phone on Amazon UK, is November 8. The price of the phone is listed as £531.43 (roughly Rs. 46,000), according to GSMArena.
It is worth noting that while there might be a release date and a price on Amazon, these things haven’t yet been announced by HTC. The release date and price from Amazon are unofficial. Another store – Clove UK – is listing the phone for £399 (roughly Rs 34,500). The phone won’t be released before the official release of the operating system – Windows Phone 8.
The HTC Winodws Phone 8X (image credit: GSMArena)
Recently, HTC had released some pictures taken with the camera of the HTC Windows Phone 8X. The HTC Windows Phone 8X will include an 8 megapixel camera, along with an aperture of f/2.0 at 28mm, a backlight illuminated sensor and a dedicated chip for image processing.
The phone, originally titled the HTC Accord, seems to be running Windows 7.x in the pictures that were leaked earlier this year on Twitter, but there are speculations that the screenshot is of a much earlier render. The HTC Accord was first seen in June, along with three other phones. The Accord was seen along with phones named Zenith and Rio. The Accord is the middle child of the trio, with a screen size of 4.3 inches and a 720p Super LCD 2 display. Also onboard is a 1080p capable 8MP camera sensor, 42Mbps HSPA+ capabilities, NFC support and a whole gig of RAM. It is also rumoured that it may come with an MSM8260A SoC onboard.
Microsoft had officially raised the curtain on Windows Phone 8 at an event in San Francisco earlier this year and claimed that it is the most advanced mobile OS Microsoft has ever made. Here is a look at some of the highlighted features available on Windows Phone 8:
- Multi-core processor support: Windows Phone was a slick OS that ran smoothly on handsets with a single processor. The latest OS now features multi-core support with Belfoire claiming that they’re ready for whatever hardware makers dream up.
- Bigger, sharper screens: Windows Phone 8 supports two new screen resolutions—1280 x 768 and 1280 x 720, making it compatible with new handsets that will feature high-definition 720p displays.
- More flexible storage: Windows Phone 8 supports removable microSD cards, so users can stuff their phone with extra photos, music and whatever else is important and then easily move it all onto their PC.
- NFC wireless sharing: In Windows Phone 8, NFC helps make sharing photos, Office docs, and contact info easier. One can achieve this by tapping their phone on another NFC-equipped device.
- Internet Explorer 10: The next version of Windows Phone comes with the same web browsing engine that’s headed for Window 8 PCs and tablets. Microsoft claims that IE10 is faster and more secure, with advanced anti-phishing features like SmartScreen Filter to block dangerous websites and malware.
- Better maps and directions: Windows Phone 8 builds in Nokia mapping as part of the platform. This partnership will provide more detailed maps and turn-by-turn directions in many countries, plus the ability to store maps offline on your phone so you can work with maps without a data connection.
- Improved apps and games: Microsoft states that basing Windows Phone 8 on the Windows core will unleash a new wave of amazing apps and especially games.
HTC, HTC 8X, HTC 8X Price, HTC 8X Release, htc accord, HTC Accord Features, HTC Accord leaks, HTC Accord pics, HTC Accord pictures, HTC Accord Specs, HTC Inc, HTC Smartphone, HTC Windows 8, HTC Windows Phone 8, Microsoft, Microsoft Corp, microsoft operating system, Microsoft Windows Phone, Smartphone, Smartphones, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 8 features