IDrive has announced the launch of its new free software, called IDrive Connect that maps your Google Docs as a virtual folder on your PC, allowing you to drag-n-drop and copy / paste files in your Google Docs. You can also share, edit and save your files directly using the Google Docs interface. The Windows Explorer like interface makes it easy to navigate through the application. Word on the street says that Google is gearing up to launch a cloud service of some kind that could bring a host of new features to the desktop, but why wait on Google? IDriveConnect lets users access their Google Docs, as if they were sitting in a regular folder on their computer. This allows for some simple, yet useful functionality.
Google Docs without Google Docs!
A few of the features of IDrive include:
- Drag-and-drop to easily upload and download within Windows Explorer
- Automatically convert popular document types to Google Docs format
- Share files and folders directly within IDrive Connect
- Drag-n-drop, view, edit, save, and delete files directly in your Google Docs, as if they are on your local PC
- Supports duplicate files / folders names with different content
- Backup Google Docs files to your IDrive online account
- Share files / folders for collaborative access
- Windows Explorer like interface makes navigation easy and user friendly
- Compatible with most of the commonly available HTTP-based proxy servers and also supports proxy authentication
- Option to convert and upload the files in Google Docs format
Additionally, IDrive Connect has the option to save items in Google Docs directly to an existing IDrive account. Create an IDrive account and store up to 5GB of documents, and more, completely free of charge. IDrive Connect is built on IDrive's EVS platform. EVS is the foundation of IDrive Online Backup, a fast, flexible, and secure cloud storage platform. With public APIs available, developers can take advantage of those same features to create their own applications compatible with the IDrive family.
IDrive Online Backup is available for home and server editions of Windows and Mac OS X and for Android and iOS devices as well. More information on IDrive is available here.
Publish date: April 5, 2012 6:19 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 9:59 pm
Google Apps, Google docs integration with Windows, IDrive Connect download Mac, IDrive Connect download PC, IDrive Connect Mac, IDrive Connect PC, third party Google docs, third party google docs app, Web Apps