So here's a pseudo grudgematch for everyone. Given the choice and the $500, would you rather buy an iPod Touch or an iPad. Here's arguments for both sides.
- This device is way more portable than the iPad. It can be used at the gym (of course you'd have to be a bit extra careful)
- iPod docks are designed for the iPod Touch, but not really the iPad. For that matter, there are a whole range of cooler accessories for the iPod Touch, but not too many for the iPad.
- iPod Touch has bluetooth capabilities to connect to wireless headphones, which currently is not the case with the iPad.
- The iPod's been around for longer and has built more street cred
- The iPad has a bigger screen and is way better for gaming than the iPod Touch simply because of the screen
- Typing on the iPad is better and of course, cooler than the iPod Touch
- Again because of the larger screen, watching videos and movies on the go on the iPad is way better, less strain on the eyes
- It's not available in India officially yet. So if you've managed to snag one from the States (or another official country), you will have more street cred, at least for a while
Publish date: August 13, 2010 5:18 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 6:37 pm