Kingston, a provider of memory products, has announced that it is shipping the Kingston DataTraveler Workspace USB flash drive. As per an official release by the company, DataTraveler Workspace is certified for Windows To Go, a key feature of the Windows 8 Enterprise operating system. DataTraveler Workspace enables enterprises to provide a corporate desktop on an external USB drive, thus allowing users to boot and operate Windows 8 from portable devices. This new drive is an external USB 3.0 device, capable of SSD-like performance.
The drive is designed to help IT administrators support their mobile user base ranging from remote employees to contractors and consultants. DataTraveler Workspace aims to address both bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives and disaster recovery requirements.
The Kingston DataTravler Workspace flash drive
“There’s been such a revolutionary shift in today’s workforce and by pairing our innovations, we give customers an effective alternative to safely and efficiently access the corporate network regardless of where they are in the world,” said Karri Alexion-Tiernan, Director of Product Marketing, Windows Enterprise, Microsoft. “With Kingston’s DataTraveler Workspace, customers will be able to deliver a great experience when running Windows 8 from a USB drive.”
“Over the past year, we’ve worked diligently with Microsoft to develop a USB Flash drive that met the requirements of Windows To Go, as well as provide the performance, flexibility and durability that our customers know us for,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “We will continue to deliver innovations as the marketplace evolves and are delighted to be one of the select manufacturers to deliver a certified for Windows To Go USB Flash drive.”
Here are some of the features and specifications of the DataTraveler Workspace USB Flash Drive:
- Fixed drive: not designed for data storage
- Security enhanced: supports BitLocker for data encryption and Trusted Boot for protecting boot process and anti-malware software
- Resilient: to accidental removal so the workspace can resume if the drive is plugged back in within 60 seconds
- Compatible: with PCs certified for use with Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating systems
- Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0 to fit more systems while optimizing performance
- Guaranteed: two-year warranty meets lifetime expectations in typical workloads; free technical support
- Reliable: 25 years of experience makes Kingston the most trusted name in memory with high-quality components and rigorous testing procedures
- Capacities: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB* (*build to order)
- Supports TRIM and S.M.A.R.T commands
- Dimensions: 75.29mm x 22.98mm x 16.44mm
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
Kingston products are available with distributors such as Avnet India Pvt Ltd, Fortune Marketing, HCL Infosystems Limited, Compuage Infocom Limited, Neoteric Informatique Limited, and Shree Pati Computers Private Limited.
Publish date: October 26, 2012 4:37 pm| Modified date: December 19, 2013 3:27 am
DataTraveler, DataTraveler Workspace, DataTraveler Workspace Windows 8, DataTraveler Workspace Windows To Go, Kingston DataTraveler, Kingston DataTraveler Workspace, Kingston DataTraveler Workspace Windows 8, Kingston Windows 8, Kingston Windows To Go, Microsoft Windows 8, USB Pen drives, Windows 8, Windows 8 Enterprise Edition, Windows To Go