Korean giants LG unveiled the G-Slate at CES 2011, but only later at MWC 2011 did they formally launch the tablet and reveal that it was going to be the world’s first tablet with a 3D display. Now it seems the Optimus Pad, as it will be known in Europe, will be launching in India this June.
According to Economic Times, Vishal Chopra – LG Electronics Business head for Mobile Communications – said the tablet will be hitting Indian shores in June, and will hopefully be priced at less than Rs. 30,000. We contacted LG, but they didn't seem too willing to divulge any concrete information. However, with most devices making it to India these days, there's a good possibility the Optimus Pad is no exception. And that price sounds absolutely fabulous to me, and I really do hope it gets here at that price, because the specs of the device make it worth it. Check them out:
- 1GHz dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 CPU
- 8.9-inch 3D LCD capacitive touchscreen at 1280×768
- Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- 5 megapixel dual cameras for 3D capture, 2D video recording at 1080p and 3D at 720p
- 32GB Internal storage, expandable via microSD
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA support, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP + EDR, 3G HSDPA at 10.2Mbps
- microUSB 2.0
- GPS with A-GPS support
Impressed yet? Either way, I hope this is true and the tablet does make it here and at that price. Considering it was only yesterday that LG launched the Optimus 2X at a great price and the Optimus Black too, I can only say I’m a little ‘optimustic’.