Microsoft recently announced their Surface tablet and it’s already got the entire tech world talking about it. Missed the live keynote? Here's the entire unedited version of the keynote for your viewing pleasure.
Microsoft is touting Surface as “PCs built to be the ultimate stage for Windows”. Company executives stated that the Windows tablets and accessories feature significant advances in industrial design and attention to detail. The Surface is designed to seamlessly transition between consumption and creation, without compromise. It delivers the power of amazing software with Windows and the feel of premium hardware in one exciting experience.
Surface for Windows RT-
- OS: Windows RT
- Weight: 676g
- Depth: 9.3 mm
- Display: 10.6-inch ClearType HD Display
- Energized: 31.5 W-h
- Connectivity: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2×2 MIMO antennae
- Productive: Office ‘15’ Apps, Touch Cover, Type Cover
- Practical: VaporMg Case and Stand
- Configurable: 32GB, 64GB
Surface for Windows 8 Pro-
- OS: Windows 8 Pro
- Weight: 903g
- Depth: 13.5 mm
- Display: 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD Display
- Energized: 42 W-h
- Connected: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, 2×2 MIMO antennae
- Productive: Touch Cover, Type Cover, Pen with Palm Block
- Practical: VaporMg Case and Stand
- Configurable: 64GB, 128GB
Here are some of the highlighted features of Surface:
- Software: Surface sports a full-sized USB port and a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is the industry standard for HD. It has edges angled at 22 degrees, a natural position for the PC at rest or in active use, letting the hardware fade into the background and the software stand out.
- VaporMg: The casing of Surface is created using a unique approach called VaporMg (pronounced Vapor-Mag), a combination of material selection and process to mold metal and deposit particles that creates a finish akin to a luxury watch. Starting with magnesium, parts can be molded as thin as .65 mm, thinner than the typical credit card, to create a product that is thin, light and rigid/strong.
- Integrated Kickstand: The unique VaporMg approach also enables a built-in kickstand that lets you transition Surface from active use to passive consumption – watching a movie or even using the HD front- or rear-facing video cameras. The kickstand is there when needed, and disappears when not in use, with no extra weight or thickness.
- Touch Cover: The 3 mm Touch Cover represents a step forward in human-computer interface. Using a unique pressure-sensitive technology, Touch Cover senses keystrokes as gestures, enabling you to touch type significantly faster than with an on-screen keyboard. It will be available in a selection of vibrant colors. Touch Cover clicks into Surface via a built-in magnetic connector, forming a natural spine like you find on a book, and works as a protective cover. You can also click in a 5 mm-thin Type Cover that adds moving keys for a more traditional typing feel.
Microsoft states that with the fast and fluid interface, easy connectivity, information and apps that users care about most, Surface will be a premium way to experience all that Windows has to offer. Is it an iPad killer? Is this the start of a new revolution in the post PC era? We’ll know soon for sure.
Publish date: June 19, 2012 5:27 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 10:33 pm
Micorsoft Surface price in India, Microsoft Surface, Microsoft Surface announced, Microsoft Surface cover, Microsoft Surface details, Microsoft Surface features, Microsoft Surface images, Microsoft Surface Keynote, Microsoft Surface launched, Microsoft Surface live keynote, Microsoft Surface price, Microsoft surface specifications, Microsoft Surface specs, Microsoft Surface tablet announced, Microsoft Surface tablets announced, Microsoft Surface Windows 8, Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro, Microsoft Surface Windows RT, Surface, Surface announced, Surface RT, Surface tablet, Tablets, Windows Surface