Motorola has introduced the MOTOROI, the first smart phone in Korea to be powered by Android version 2.0.
“We are delighted to announce MOTOROI, the first Android-based phone, with SK Telecom in Korea, a key partner in one of Motorola's key markets in the world,” said Sanjay Jha, co-chief executive officer of Motorola and chief executive officer of Motorola Mobile Devices. “MOTOROI is a smart phone without compromise, delivering a wiser, richer web and messaging experience with the most delightful touch-interface you have ever experienced, all made possible through the combination of Motorola's expertise in design, a truly differentiated Android experience, and the power of SK Telecom's network.”
MOTOROI features a full touch screen with a 3.7-inch, high-definition WVGA (480X854) display, Motorola's touch user interface (UI) and a capacitive touch sensor for smooth screen flipping and scrolling, and five main displays with various widgets with more freedom than ever before.
MOTOROI delivers fast and powerful mobile versions of Google's most popular services. Web-browsing is possible with MOTOROI's Wi-Fi support and Android Web Kit Browser, supporting up to eight open browser windows and giving users the freedom in using Google's various mobile services, including:
- Google Maps: Search for places near your location, get driving directions, view map with Street View and satellite imagery
- Gmail: Integrates and supports multiple accounts
- YouTube: Enables one-touch playback from home screen widget or app
- Google Talk: Provides messenger service by Google
The MOTOROI also offers an 8 megapixel camera with Xenon flash and a 720p HD camcorder. The camera includes:
- Smart image capture: Includes easy panorama, face detection, multi-shot (6 shots in a row), face filter, red eye reduction, camera shake prevention and many more elements designed to improve the quality and variety of your photos
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface): With Korea's first HDMI capable phone, play your HD video from your phone directly to your HDTV.
The mobile entertainment experience includes:
- MP3 player: Enables you to send and listen to MP3 files without the need to convert files
- Terrestrial DMB: Enjoy up to 24 TV and audio channels for free
- 3.5mm ear jack
- Storage up to 8GB and Micro SD support up to 32GB
- Unique docking station: Enjoy movies by setting the phone on the docking station designed exclusively for the MOTOROI, or use the phone as table clock or digital frame
MOTOROI adds a host of small touches to your user interface to help make using a powerful smart phone easy and intuitive:
- Smart widgets let you use your content more conveniently, adjusting the size of the calendar, memo pad, contacts, e-mail and other widgets and shortcut icons on the home screen as you are using them
- Pinch to zoom in and out lets you enlarge or reduce the size of web pages with ease
- MOTOROI offers five distinct text-input methods, including a 3X4 keypad, full QWERTY, half QWERTY, hand writing and writing pad
- The screen lock with proximity sensor lets you talk on your phone with ease as the screen automatically locks when the touch screen gets near your face
The MOTOROI supports management of multiple accounts and document editing with cutting-edge text recognition and true multi-tasking. Users can:
- Synchronize and manage multiple email accounts simultaneously, letting you separate your work and personal inboxes
- Gmail Contacts sync: Synchronize contacts from the accounts that are added on the device.
- Microsoft and PDF document viewer
- Optical Character Recognition: Optical dictionary that translates immediately through quick scanning, business card reader which