Criterion have released yet another patch for the PC version of their latest racer, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. This patch, that brings the game’s version up to 1.04 fixes a bunch of issues so now hopefully, the game’s you know, playable. Here are the list of fixes this patch brings to the table:
Catch me if you can
- Fixed crashes on boot on certain configurations of Windows (including when Windows Speech Recognition is installed)
- Fixed deadzone issues on Steering Wheels and XInput controllers
- Fixed black textures in some parts of the world when High Resolution Textures are disabled
- Fixed crash when a controller is unexpectedly disconnected
- Fixed crash when loading certain invalid controller configuration files
While this is all fine and dandy I really do hope Criterion are working on another Burnout game as we speak.