CloudOn, a Silicon Valley startup has launched a free application for the iPad that gets Microsoft Office to the the device. What they’ve done is, instead of porting the entire contents of the software to the iPad, they’ve gone and created an interface for the complete cloud-based app on their servers. So, you’ll require an active Internet connection for the application to work properly.
CloudOn gets Office to your iPad
As reported by Macrumours, here are the features of the app:
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your iPad to create or edit documents.
- Rename, delete and manage documents with your Dropbox account
- Display, edit or create charts, change formatting, spell check, insert comments, into any Word, Excel or PowerPoint files
- Track changes while reviewing Word documents and use pivot tables and insert formulas in Excel workbooks
- Display and edit animation or transitions in PowerPoint presentations
- Present in full PowerPoint mode (not in PDF)
- Open files directly from your iPad email accounts or Dropbox account
- Automatically save documents to avoid losing changes
It’s still limited in terms of functionality, considering the Internet connectivity that's required, but that’s the trade-off you’ll get, till Microsoft actually launches Office for the iPad.
Excel for iPad, iOS, iPad, iPad Office, iPad Office App, Microsoft Excel for iPad, Microsoft Office for Apple iPad 2, Microsoft Office for iPad, Microsoft Powerpoint for iPad, Microsoft Word for iPad, MS Office on iPad, Office, Office App for iPad, Office for iPad, Powerpoint for iPad, Word for iPad