McAfee Mobile Security has announced a new security application and antivirus for Android phones and tablets. It protects your personal data in the event of loss or theft, enables data backup and restores, locates and tracks your device, safeguards against viruses and spyware, and provides safe surfing and app protection. The only glitch? There’s a paid version and a trial version. So, this trial protects your device for 7 days. After the trial, you’ll have an option to purchase McAfee Mobile Security within the app.
Protecting your phone
Here are a few of the features of the application:
- Antivirus, Anti-spyware, and Anti-phishing — Scan and clean malicious code from inbound and outbound emails, text messages, attachments, and files
- Safe Mobile Web Surfing — Protection against web threats by blocking access to risky sites from texts, emails, QR codes and social networking sites
- Safeguard Your Privacy with App Protection — Identify which apps can access your sensitive data like contacts, location, photos, and other personal info
- Device Lock — Prevent misuse of your phone and personal info by remotely locking all data, including data on your memory (SIM) card, and displaying a “contact me” message on the device
- Remotely Wipe Data — Protect your privacy by remotely deleting the data on your device and removable memory card in case of loss or theft.
- Backup and Restore Data — Preserve irreplaceable personal information on demand, or on schedule, then restore your information to your new device
- Locate and Track — Find your device if it is lost or stolen. View its location on a map; send a text to prompt its return, and use a remote alarm to make it “scream”
- Call Blocker and SMS Blocker — Easily filter out spammers, incorrect numbers and unwanted texts
- Uninstall Protection — Keep a thief—or another user—from uninstalling the app and accessing your phone when it is lost
- Remotely manage your mobile security from one central, easy-to-use web portal or even via SMS texts using any smartphone or tablet
The application can be downloaded from here. In terms of functionality, this one does seem to be loaded with a lot of features, but you’ll have to pay for their services eventually. Free or paid – which security solution are you using to protect your Android smartphone?
Publish date: January 31, 2012 9:28 am| Modified date: December 18, 2013 9:29 pm
Android, Android security app, McAfee Mobile Security, McAfee Mobile Security Android app, McAfee Mobile Security app, McAfee mobile security application, McAfee Mobile Security on Android, Mobile security app, Security, Security app