In the tradition of revealing games exclusively through magazines comes yet another reveal from Capcom in the form of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. And if that name didn’t tip you off, the series is heading back to Raccoon City where it all began. It’s a bit of a lengthy read but here are some of the interesting tidbits from OXM summarized by Stickskills.
The most evil logo in the world
- The game takes place in 1998, a time where Resident Evil fans already know what's set to take place.
- The title lets you enjoy the series from a new perspective, as the men and women who are technically responsible for it all.
- Rather than continuing the zombie slaying antics of BSAA agents, you're taken back to the original outbreak “that underscored both Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.”
- The game doesn't require any crazy amounts of knowledge of the past titles or characters involved in the series.
- The title opens up to a “quartet of new faces”. Essentially, you're playing as members of the official Umbrella Security Services squad.
- Operation Raccoon City is a team-based shooter allowing four members of the USS team to destroy all evidence of the ongoing outbreak.
- Along with slaying the zombies, you're looking to “kill pretty much every survivor possible”.
- The gameplay is described as “dirty”, and the series will feel much darker than it has up to this point.
For the rather lengthy but interesting dose of information, head right here.
Publish date: March 25, 2011 5:23 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 7:30 pm