Just recently, we had reported about Nokia announcing its latest range of smartphones – Nokia 600, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701. Now, an official announcement has revealed that the smartphones are here. The above mentioned trio, according to the company has finally been launched in India. Among its other specifications, Nokia claims that this latest range will sport the ‘Just Tap with NFC’ technology, which has been creating some waves, now.
Shahrukh Khan at the launch, displaying the 'Just Tap with NFC' concept
'Just Tap with NFC' technology will enable the smartphones with sharing and pairing capabilities, adds Nokia. According to the earlier reports, all the three smartphones will come pre-installed with Symbian Belle updates. Nokia, however has a surprise up its sleeve. The 'Just Tap with NFC' technology on this just launched trio, will help the makers of the upcoming superhero flick, starring Shahrukh Khan market their ambitious project better. This move, not only makes for an interesting concept, but is also the first time any Bollywood movie has used a technology as such in their marketing campaign. Nokia claims that it would begin a run up till the day of the release, by the way of conducting several initiatives and encouraging the users to participate. It adds that those lucky would get a chance to watch the superhero movie a day before the global release. Users can also avail exclusive Ra.One content off Nokia's Ovi Store, and can also alternatively visit their NPP and tap their NFC-enabled device with the Ra.One NFC tags.
King Khan displaying Nokia's latest series of smartphones
Here's a detailed look at the Symbian Belle features:
- JUST TAP NFC sharing and pairing capability
- Faster web browsing experience; 1 Ghz processor
- Increase in number of home screens for improved display of applications and services
- Live widgets now come in five different sizes, making the home screens come alive and giving users more flexibility to personalize the user experience Association with Ra.One:
- Engage with consumers across touchpoints – Retail, Digital, Apps, TV and print.
- For the first time, special screening tickets will be available for consumers through NFC o Nokia NFC consumers can watch the movie a day before its release
- Ra.one NFC zones at 400 Nokia Priority Partners, Multiplexes to experience the magic of Ra.one through NFC
- Apps, NFC games, Mobile games, Movie content
While the Nokia 701, is already available across the country with a price tag of Rs. 18,999 (MRP), Nokia 600 comes with a price tag of Rs. 12,999 (MRP) and the Nokia 700 comes with a price tag of Rs. 18,099 (MRP). Both of these will be available, from the next month, onwards.