A couple of months ago, Nikon announced a range of cameras that were scheduled to be launched by October. Keeping good on its promise and falling right in time for the festive season, Nikon has officially launched the Coolpix L610 in India at a maximum retail price (MRP) of Rs 13,950.
For those who missed out, the Coolpix L610 is a high zoom-ratio model with a 14x optical zoom lens covering the 25 to 350mm range of focal lengths and offering simple operation. It is also equipped with a precise autofocus system and a 3-inch LCD monitor that provides a bright display.
Nikon Coolpix L610 launched in time for the festive season
Here is a quick look at the highlighted features of the Nikon Coolpix L610:
- A 14x optical zoom NIKKOR lens covering focal lengths from 25-350mm
- The backside illumination CMOS sensor has 16 million pixels and noise reduction
- Target Finding AF, the camera automatically focuses on the optimal subject
- Equipped with a function for recording high-resolution full-HD (1920 × 1080p/30 fps) movies with stereo sound
- A compact body designed with large buttons for simple operation
- A variety of shooting functions to capture your desired photos
- Uses AA batteries
Commenting on the announcement of the new Nikon cameras, Hiroshi Takashina, MD, Nikon India said, “The range offers Nikon's elemental technologies providing customers with newer options and brings more colorful and stylish choices during the upcoming festive season. All the five cameras offer best in class technology, astonishing image quality with excellence in bringing about a new customer experience to meet the diverse customer needs. These new models, are not just good-looking, but also offer outstanding reliability and great performance and deliver on Nikon’s rich optical heritage poised to create amazing camera experience.”
Apart from the L610, Nikon had also announced the P7700, S6400, S800c and S01. The Coolpix P-series model, Coolpix P7700 is a high-performance digital compact camera that features the company’s imaging technology and functions like faster continuous shooting and enhanced image quality when shooting at high sensitivities. This powerful and versatile camera features a 7.1x zoom NIKKOR ED glass lens with a maximum aperture of f/2 and a 12.2-megapixel CMOS sensor.
Here is a look at the highlighted features of the Nikon Coolpix P7700:
- 7.1x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with maximum apertures of f/2.0-4.0
- 1/1.7-inch Backside Illumination CMOS Image Sensor
- Record Full-HD movies (In 1080p Format) with stereo sound
- 3-inch, approximately 921 k-dots, Vari-Angle TFT LCD Monitor
- Special effects on the go
- Designed for comfort and convenience
The S6400 is slim, high-powered zoom camera that offers a built-in touch panel, while the S800c is Wi-Fi compatible camera equipped with the Android OS. Nikon claims that this model is designed for the always connected individual. The S800c delivers the high picture quality and superior performance expected from a Nikon camera, coupled with communication functions and app-based versatility of a smartphone or tablet, whereas S01 is the most compact and lightest Coolpix model ever.
Publish date: October 11, 2012 5:45 pm| Modified date: December 19, 2013 2:39 am
Nikon Coolpix L610, Nikon Coolpix L610 features, Nikon Coolpix L610 launch date, Nikon Coolpix L610 price, Nikon Coolpix L610 price in India, Nikon Coolpix L610 release date, Nikon Coolpix L610 specification, Nikon Coolpix L610 specifications, Nikon Coolpix L610 specs, point and shoot