Nikon India, subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, has announced the launch of the FX-format digital-SLR camera D600. The smallest and lightest Nikon FX-format D-SLR, the Nikon D600 boast a CMOS image sensor with 24.3-million effective pixels and an EXPEED 3 image-processing engine that offers superior definition with a range of advanced features.
The D600 is the latest and most compact model in the Nikon FX-format digital SLR line-up offering portability along with non-compromised image quality. In addition to a new FX-format CMOS image sensor with 24.3-million effective pixels and the same EXPEED 3 image-processing engine, the D600 flaunts a number of advanced features, a 3.2-inch LCD monitor with wide angle viewing and dust & water-resistance. The D600 also incorporates full-HD movie recording at 1080p.
The Nikon D600 Digital SLR camera
Speaking on the announcement, Hiroshi Takashina, Managing Director, Nikon India said, “Our latest offering showcases Nikon’s commitment to set new benchmarks in the world of photography. As the Indian photography market matures, we are witnessing strong growth for the D-SLR category, with this launch; we are aiming to provide photographer more choices. We believe that D600 will strongly appeal to semi-professionals and professionals who are looking to shoot high-quality images at high sensitivities.”
“The D600 will help strengthen Nikon’s position as the market leader in the DSLR segment with over 55 percent market share,” he added.
“When we look at today's imaging market, it's about meeting consumers' unique needs, with the launch of the new model today, we yet again reinforce our strength in the imaging market. The D600 comes with high image quality, delivering razor sharp images and videos. We believe that D600 would surely escalate the photography experience among Indian consumers,” said Sajjan Kumar; Vice President-Imaging, Nikon India.
Here are some of the primary features of the D600:
- The D600 body measures approximately 141.0 × 113.0 × 82.0mm (W x H x D) and weighs approximately 760 grams.
- A new 24.3-megapixel FX-format CMOS image sensor for superior image quality and resolution over a broad range of sensitivities.
- The camera supports ISO 100 to ISO 6400 for beautiful images with very little noise and rich tones. The range of sensitivities can also be expanded to the equivalent of ISO 50 (Lo 1) or up to ISO 25600 equivalent (Hi 2).
- The Multi-CAM4800 autofocus sensor tracks the intended subject with 39 focus points.
- The D600 is also equipped with a high-magnification optical viewfinder that supports an approx. 100 percent frame coverage in FX format and a magnification of approximately 0.7x.
- Dual SD memory card slots (SDXC, UHS-I compliant) enable smoother still-image and movie recording.
- The D600 is also equipped with a headphone jack so that headphones may be used to check sound, and movies can be viewed simultaneously in the camera’s monitor and in an external monitor via the movie live view display
The Nikon D600 is available in black colour at an MRP of Rs 135,950 body only and Rs 163,950 with 24-85mm VR lens kit. The product will be available next week onwards all over India.
camera, D-SLR Camera, D600, D600 Features, D600 Launch, D600 Price, D600 Price in India, D600 Release, D600 Release in India, Digital SLR camera, DSLRs, EXSPEED 3, EXSPEED 3 Image processing, FX-Format digital-SLR, Nikon, Nikon camera, Nikon D-SLR, nikon D600, Nikon india, Photoghraphy