Nokia has announced the release of a LinkedIn app for its Symbian handsets.
Connecting professionals..via LinkedIn
In a released statement, Nokia said, “LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional networking website with over 100 million members worldwide and over 9 million in India, is excited to announce that one of its partner developers, Nokia, has built a new LinkedIn application using the LinkedIn Platform. LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional networking website with over 100 million members worldwide and over 9 million in India, is excited to announce that one of its partner developers, Nokia, has built a new LinkedIn application using the LinkedIn Platform”.
The LinkedIn app which contains six modules includes the following features:
- Updates: View and share crucial business intelligence and updates with your network. Perfect for those spare moments between meetings.
- Search: Search across over 100 million global professionals, and get the answer back in seconds. Nokia has implemented a unified search across both your direct connections and the entire LinkedIn network.
- Connections: LinkedIn is your address book in the cloud. Get quick access to any of your connections to get their up-to-date profile information, and the ability to send them a message immediately.
- Invitations: Why wait to get back to your desk? Accept outstanding invitations immediately and invite people to connect wherever you are.
- Inbox: Stay up-to-date with your LinkedIn messages and communicate with professionals within your network.
- Reconnect: You can’t leverage your network if you don’t build it. Now you can build your network from anywhere, in seconds.
While the news of a new app is always welcome, Its kind of strange that Nokia is still pushing hard for the Symbian OS.The LinkedIn app is available for the Nokia N8, Nokia E7, and Nokia C7 series of smartphones and can be downloaded from here
Publish date: May 11, 2011 11:21 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 7:48 pm