Nokia has announced that users can now pick up the Nokia Lumia 900 for just $49.99 on a two-year contract from AT&T in the US. This announcement comes just in time for Nokia’s debut of the new pink Lumia 900. The Nokia Lumia 900 may not be getting Windows Phone 8 but it has been one of Nokia’s finest phones so far, with the iconic Nokia design and Microsoft’s super fast Windows Phone operating system. This recent price cut is for the contract model, but we’re guessing (and hoping) when the phone does launch in India (it’s still slapped with a ‘coming soon’ tag) the price tag will not be an exorbitant one.
Nokia raises the curtains on the Lumia 900
Those who are planning to purchase the Nokia Lumia 900 will get access to a host of free, Nokia-exclusive experiences such as:
- Nokia Drive: Complete voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation;
- ESPN Sports Hub: an app that keeps you in the know about your favorite sports;
- Nokia Play To: lets you display your photos and videos from your phone onto your TV;
- The Dark Knight Rises: Nokia’s exclusive app for fans of The Dark Knight Rises movie;
- 100th Day of School: via partnership with the Sesame Workshop, this app brings a read-aloud experience that any school-aged child would love. (We reckon this is U.S. only)
Nokia Lumia 900 users came in for a major shock earlier when Microsoft announced that Windows Phone 8 would not support the current crop of devices. It was Nokia’s finest product and everybody was hoping for this product to be their comeback into the market. Sadly, that wasn’t to be. Nokia recently launched the Dark Knight version of the Lumia 800 and while a lot of people were under the impression that it was going to be the Lumia 900, Nokia seems to have held out a little longer.
In case you missed it earlier, when launched in India, the Lumia 900 will ship with WP7.5 Mango (or the next version, Tango) and it features a 1.4GHz Scorpion processor. Other specs include –
- 4.3-inch AMOLED ClearBlack Display with a resolution of 480 x 800
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi, LTE (depending on location of launch)
- Bluetooth v4.0, NFC, USB 2.0
- 8 MP AF camera with Carl Zeiss optics, 720p video recording @ 30fps
- Secondary 1 MP front facing camera
- 16GB internal memory with 512 MB RAM
- 1800 mAh battery
Do you think a price cut Nokia Lumia 900 would make you buy the Lumia 900? Let us know in the comments section below.
Lumia 710, Lumia 800, Lumia 820, Lumia 900, Lumia 900 India launch, Lumia 900 India price, Lumia 900 price, Lumia 920, Lumia Series, Nokia, Nokia Lumia, Nokia Lumia 900 price cut, Nokia Lumia Series, Smartphones