Nokia has got a new PR 1.1 release for its N9 users that brings a number of improvements to the MeeGo- based handset. The software update version number for this latest release is 20.2011.40-4. Nokia has introduced updates in connectivity, as well as the overall user experience, There’s more stuff happening on the lock screen now as well as with music controls and more indicators.
As mentioned in Nokia’s Support Discussions, some of the new features include:
- NFC tag reading to instantly interact with NFC tags
- Music controls on lock screen
- Photo and video shooting with colour filters
- Better multitasking with improved memory handling
- Swype text input
- Faster MfE sync, synchronizing only active folders
- Better noise cancellation that helps reduce background noise
- Close apps easily with swiping down, by default
- New indicators for standby screen like charging and calendar
In case an automatic update is not available, N9 users can do a manual check in settings/applications/manage applications. Along with this, according to GSMArena, Nokia is planning to launch a new PR1.2 update, soon. This update will enable system wide copy and paste across all folders and a better camera performance. However, no more details have been divulged.
Publish date: November 9, 2011 5:40 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 8:55 pm
Nokia N9, Nokia N9 automatic update, Nokia N9 automatic upgrade, Nokia N9 manual update, Nokia N9 OTA update, Nokia N9 smartphone, Nokia N9 update, Nokia N9 update release, Nokia N9 upgrade, Nokia N9 upgrades, Smartphones