Norton by Symantec has announced that Samsung Electronics will provide Norton Mobile Security, an application for Android OS to select smartphone users worldwide. Samsung will offer a full-featured, complimentary 90-day subscription of Norton Mobile Security in multiple languages to Samsung Galaxy users through Samsung Apps.
Protecting your Galaxy smartphone
“We are pleased to extend our valued relationship with Samsung by helping to protect more of its customers’ devices and data from theft, loss and mobile threats,” said Janice Chaffin, group president, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. “With smartphone sales now outpacing PC sales, cybercriminals are devising new threats every day to steal from mobile users. Consumers need to be protected more than ever.”
Norton Mobile Security combines anti-theft features with powerful anti-malware to protect a user’s important data from loss, theft, viruses and other threats through the following features:
- Remote Locate — shows you the location of your smartphone, so you can find if it’s lost or stolen.
- Remote Lock — lets you remotely lock your lost or stolen phone via the Internet or SMS to keep critical data safe and block unauthorized access.
- Remote Wipe — lets you remotely erase the data on your phone via SMS, blocking access to your private information. In addition, your phone is instantly locked if the SIM card is removed or replaced, so it can’t be used with another SIM card.
- Anti-malware — scans all files and application updates downloaded to your mobile phone and automatically detects and removes threats without slowing you down.
- SD Card Scanning — gives you the option of automatically scanning SD (Secure Digital) memory cards for threats when you plug them into mobile phone.
- Automatic LiveUpdate — automatically downloads and installs security updates keeping you a step ahead of cybercriminals.
Norton Mobile Security can be downloaded from the ‘Utility’ category in Samsung Apps or by entering ‘Norton Mobile Security’ into the search query at the Samsung App store. Norton Mobile Security supports all Samsung Galaxy Android smartphones available in India. It is available in nine languages, including Korean, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese languages.
Publish date: March 21, 2012 5:57 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 9:52 pm