NVIDIA announced NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro, a new 3D stereoscopic solution allowing engineers, designers, architects and computational chemists who work with 3D designs to see their work in more detail. 3D Vision Pro solutions brings stereo 3D back to the desktop with support for LCD panels and offers a way to provide 3D viewing experience for large scale visualization environments like video walls and collaborative virtual environments (CAVEs).
Incorporating active shutter glasses and a radio frequency (RF) communication system, 3D Vision Pro solutions supports a range of use cases:
- Individuals can experience 3D on LCD panels at their Quadro powered desktop and mobile workstations
- Small groups can view 3D on single or multiple projectors, and
- Larger groups can experience 3D on power walls or in theaters driven by NVIDIA Scalable Visualization Solutions (SVS)
3D Vision Pro claims to provide connections, up to 150 feet, with no cross talk, blind spots, or other transmission issues between multiple systems. As a professional stereoscopic solution, status information is transmitted from the glasses back to the host for IT management.
Key features of NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro stereoscopic solutions include:
- Active shutter glasses technology that delivers a progressive image;
- Rechargeable batteries with 20 hours of continuous operation;
- Wide range of panel and projector support, and;
- A wide range of professional application support.