Olympus had unveiled three cameras from their 2011 PEN line of cameras a couple of months ago. These were the E-P3, E-PL3 and the mini E-PM1. While the E-P3 was launched, not much information was available on the pricing of the mini E-PM1, which is the company’s most compact interchangeable lens camera (ILC). Now information that the PEN mini E-PM1 aka PEN mini will be launched by September and will be priced at approximately Rs. 23,072 ($499.99), has come through.
The stylish PEN mini gets a price tag
The PEN mini is targeted at those looking to upgrade from a point and shoot. The PEN mini E-PM1 is said to offer DSLR quality images in a compact body. The 12.3 megapixel camera is said to come with a bundled up optional flash, which was supposed to be sold separately. Olympus claims that this is the easiest PEN to use with simple controls that enable you to access the power of digital photography. The Olympus PEN mini E-PM1 features a new user interface that takes the guesswork out of capturing the perfect shot. A one-touch button enables you to shoot HD videos at 1080i in AVCHD or AVI Motion JPEG.
Here's a quick look at the features of the E-PM1:
- Interchangeable decoration ring on supplied lens Image Quality
- Powerful TruePic VI image engine for faster recovery time and excellent image quality
- In body image stabilization for blur-free movies and stills with any lens
- Compact M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm lens
- 12.3 effective Megapixel High Speed Live MOS sensor for low-light performance
- ISO 12800 sensitivity
- 1080i Full HD stereo movie recording as AVCHD or Motion JPEG
- 3-inch LCD with 460,000 dot resolution
- FAST AF, world’s fastest autofocus system
The PEN mini E-PM1 is available in six stylish colours. For more information, click here.