OnePlus developers seem to be back from a month long vacation and they have launched a new update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users. The new update bumps the OxygenOS version to 4.0.3, fixing bugs submitted by the users online. The company is working hard to regularly push timely updates to users to fix the bug fixes. The developer team took an off for a month on the occasion of Chinese New Year and other festivals. The update focuses primarily on fixing the bugs and does not introduce anything new in terms of features.
One thing to note is that the update still has the December Security patch, while Google has already released the February Security patch. The detailed changelog of the update is given down below:
- Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Optimised Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Optimised exposure when taking night time photos
- Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
- Updated APN settings for select carriers
- Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
I woke up today and saw there was a new OTA 4.0.3, and I then I went to check their github and voilá, the Kernel source code is already out
— Francisco Franco (@franciscof_1990) February 9, 2017
One important thing to note is that like all the updates this OTA is an incremental update gradually rolling out to users. The developer community has praised OnePlus for timely uploading the Kernel source code changes to the company Github along with a proper changelog about what the new changes are.
Publish date: February 10, 2017 4:00 pm| Modified date: February 10, 2017 4:00 pm