What is new?
- Performance: Do not let your browser slow you down. The world’s fastest browser again storms ahead of its predecessor, boasting a 50% faster online experience as compared to the previous version.
- Geolocation: Let your browser find it for you. Geolocation detects your location and maps you in the middle of the action, for example giving you the most accurate search results in your area.
- Video: Opera now comes with high-quality, open video format WebM, built right into the browser, making viewing videos online even easier.
- HTML5 Appcache and Web Workers: Appcache lets you use different applications, such as word processor, image editor, spreadsheets and much more, in your web browser even when offline. Web developers can now also use HTML5 Web Workers for doing heavy calculations without making the browsing slower for the user.
- Search suggestions: Opera 10.60 beta makes search more efficient, introducing search suggestions for selected partners in the Speed Dial and search box. You can test this in the beta with Wikipedia search.
- Custom thumbnails for tabs: The interface in now more intuitive, as the previous thumbnails have been replaced with icons, making you a faster navigator.
- Visual improvements: Speed Dial, tab previews and the Opera menu button have been improved with new graphics.
Publish date: June 16, 2010 1:29 pm| Modified date: December 18, 2013 6:24 pm