The tactical sniping game Sniper Elite V2 is finally going to see a retail release in India. Not that the first game was a pathbreaking shooter, but it seems publisher 505 Games has been gearing up for another Sniper Elite game. The reins of development have been passed over to British developer Rebellion of Aliens VS. Predator fame. In case the name hasn’t tipped you off yet, you will be playing as an elite sniper in the game.
Sniper Elite V2 was announced in 2011 for a 2012 release. The game has been out for some time now, and even on the PC version of the game has been available on Steam for some time. At last, Origin Games are going to be publishing the retail version of the game in India. Here’s what Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion had to say during the announcement for Sniper Elite V2, “It's very exciting to be working with one of the new breed of major publishers like 505 Games. Sniper Elite was an important, genre-defining property and we're hoping to have even greater success by teaming up with the talented guys at 505”.
Now available in India, in retail
The game is set in the dark days of the end of World War Two amidst the ruins of Berlin, where one bullet can change history. Sniper Elite V2 is the eagerly-awaited sequel to the interesting, but flawed game, Sniper Elite, giving gamers the most authentic World War II sniping experience available. You are elite US sniper Karl Fairburne. Parachuted into Berlin amidst the Germans’ final stand, your mission is to prevent Nazi V2 rocket program technology from falling into the hands of the besieging Red Army. You must aid key scientists keen to defect to the US, and terminate those who would help the Russians.
Some impressive game level design
Players have to take advantage of authentic weaponry, learn how to stalk their targets, fortify their position, set up the shot, use their skill, patience and cunning to achieve their mission. Stealth gameplay is the key as you find yourself trapped between two desperate armies in a race against time. Watch as the celebrated ‘bullet cam’ from Sniper Elite returns, bloodier and more gruesome than ever – skilful shots are rewarded with a slow-motion flight of the bullet, then targets are graphically rendered in X-Ray as the bullet enters and destroys your victim. Organs shred, bones splinter, teeth shatter, as the true impact of the sniper’s bullet is brought to life.
Here are some of the features of the game according to developers:
- Sniping Simulation – Sniper Elite V2 features detailed sniping simulation with advanced ballistics, taking into account gravity, wind, velocity, bullet penetration, aim stability and more. Guaranteed to provide players with the most realistic simulation of military sharpshooting yet available.
- X-Ray Kill Cam – Amazing ‘kill cam’ technology showcases what really happens when a bullet enters an enemy’s body, allowing players to see hearts and lungs tear, livers burst, and bones shatter. (This feature is not available in Germany)
- Authenticity – The game features authentic World War II Berlin locations as well as vehicles, weapons such as the Springfield M1903 the Gewehr 43 and the Mosin-Nagant 1891/30, and uniforms modeled after the original versions.
- Use the Environment – The slightest changes in the environment need to be taken into account to move into the perfect position, observe the quarry, take the shot and slip away unnoticed.
- Sniper's Choice – Players will often find themselves facing a choice of the perfect shot that leaves them catastrophically exposed or a more difficult route that means they can continue their mission.
Origin Games makes the retail box game available for PC on August 15 at a cost of Rs. 999.