Panasonic has recently announced the Toughbook C2, a semi-rugged convertible tablet PC that is Panasonic's first Toughbook model optimised for the new Microsoft Windows 8 Pro operating system. The device includes a third-generation Intel Core processor, and delivers approximately 11 hours of battery life. Panasonic claims that this notebook is designed for those in the fields of healthcare, education, field sales, and IT departments.
Available from December
The key features of the Panasonic Toughbook C2:
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with Microsoft Windows 7 professional option available
- Intel Core i5-3427U vProTM (3MB cache, up to 2.8GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- 5-point capacitive, multi-touch 12.5-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable HD display with anti-reflective/ anti-glare treatments, and IPS technology to enable a wide viewing angle
- Digitiser for note-taking and signature capture with an electronic pen
- Improved triple hinge design that provides durable support when rotating the screen to tablet mode
- Battery delivers approximately 11 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (approximately 15 hours with optional long life battery)
- Bridge battery allows the main battery to be swapped without powering down the device
- Approximately 1.80kg magnesium alloy design
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone and optional 3MP rear facing camera
- Redesigned ergonomic Y-shaped hand strap for carrying in both landscape and portrait modes
- Embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi mobile broadband
- Flexible configuration options including the optional inclusion of a serial port, VGA (HDMI port comes standard) or modem port, as well as optional near field communications (NFC) or SmartCard reader for user authentication
- Ambient light, magnetic, acceleration and gyro sensors to enable the new Windows 8 functionalities
- USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports
For a full list of Toughbook C2 specifications, visit http://www.Toughbook.com.
“The way we use technology on the job is evolving – today's mobile professional demands flexibility and durability in addition to power and full functionality,” said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “We engineered the Toughbook C2 to go where our customers go and to do whatever they need it to do, without the concerns that are inherent with a less reliable notebook or tablet.”
Panasonic states that in order to offer improved ruggedness over previous models of its type, the Toughbook C2 is designed to withstand a variety of work environments. Its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive allow it to survive a fall from a height of up to 30 inches as well as a 12-inch drop from 26 angles. The computer also features a spill-resistant keyboard that can handle up to 6 ounces of liquid.
Commenting on the audience for the new notebook Panasonic claims, “The Toughbook C2 is built to be the ideal mobile point-of-care solution for nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals. Its long battery life is designed for a full work shift without the need for recharging or docking, while its combination of bridge battery and optional lightweight battery offers professionals an even lighter alternative while still allowing for continuous uninterrupted use. The redesigned hand strap allows it to be carried comfortably for long periods of time. Its fanless design means no air is drawn in or out of the device, minimizing the spread of airborne pathogens.”
The Panasonic Toughbook C2 is available this December from authorised Panasonic resellers starting at $2949 (approximately Rs 1,58,00). The Toughbook C2 includes a standard three-year limited warranty.
Publish date: October 27, 2012 2:49 pm| Modified date: December 19, 2013 3:29 am
Laptops, Panasonic Toughbook C2, Panasonic Toughbook C2 announced, Panasonic Toughbook C2 features, Panasonic Toughbook C2 price, Panasonic Toughbook C2 price in India, Panasonic Toughbook C2 specifications, Panasonic Toughbook C2 specs